[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts, was Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:19:50 -0400

On 08/04/2003 3:01 PM, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote:
David Kelk said: The Colonel was clearly annoyed at being pressed on this.
"Are you familiar with the Gallows Pool, Mr McMartin?" "Gallows Pool.
Hmmm.... No, can't say I'm familiar with it." Chico spoke up, stepping
forward toward Terry. "What is it to you how the Bishop got dealt?" "Chico,"
the Colonel snapped. "Enough!"
"Isn't it obvious?  I'm very concernet where my and my friends safety is at
stake.  I'm even more
concerned when I have to press so hard to get simple answers to these
questions.  Let me put it
another way:  Why aren't you answering my questions?  Why are you telling me
that our security
isn't worth talking about?  How can I do my job effectively if I have to
worry about looking over
my shoulder? There are linked issues here:  Existing enemies the Redliners
may have - all of which
you failed to mention during negotiations - and the resources we have
available to deal with them."

"About the Gallows Pool, please continue."
[...] The Colonel settled into the team's commentary. "I want to move on
fromthe setbacks of the past days, weeks and months," he declared. He looked
at Chico and his wife. "To that end, dear?" [Would Terry know anything about
them? If not....] [GM: Terry might, based off his background that you
supplied. I'll leave that up to you. Basically, the Gallows Pool is a
bubbling pool in the Pit, a sunken portion of Khayr ad-Din. The pool is used
for capital punishment by Lawgiver Deputies, the corrupt marshalls of Khar
ad-Din. The pool is generally acidic and dissolves its victims. The rest of
the info is in the Duelist Handbook. If Griz has a copy, you'll find it in
there. If you need more, feel free to ask.] ************************ Dennis
D. Kirkpatrick Littleton, CO USA dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]
http://www.bluething.org[2]

-- David Kelk Gilgamesh whither runneth thou? / The life which thou seekest
thou wilt not find; For when the gods created mankind, / They alloted death
to mankind, But life they retained in their keeping, Thou, O Gilgamesh, let
thy belly be full; Day and night be thou merry; / Make every day a day of
rejoicing, Day and night do thou dance and play. Let thy raiment be clean,
Thy head be washed, and thyself be bathed in water. Cherish the little one
holding thy hand, And let the wife rejoice in thy bosom, This is the lot of
mankind. -- From the Epic of Gilgamesh

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 http://www.bluething.org