[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts, was Re: Pop goes the meeting]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:49:15 -0600 (MDT)

[GM: Not to be a pest, but, David, are we done with this thread? Just
checking. We need to get things wrapped up here, so that we don't get too
far behind. Thanks. If you have questions abou the scene, shoot.]

David Kelk said:

>> "Chico," the Colonel snapped. "Enough!"
>
> "Isn't it obvious?" Terry threw back at Chico. "I'm very concerned
> where me and my friends safety is at stake. I'm even more concerned
> when I have to press so hard to get simple answers to these questions.
> Let me put it another way:  Why aren't you answering my questions?
> Why are you telling me that our security isn't worth talking about?
> How can I do my job effectively if I have to worry about looking over
> my shoulder? There are linked issues here:  Existing enemies the
> Redliners may have - all of which you failed to mention during
> negotiations - and the resources we have available to deal with them."
>
> "About the Gallows Pool, please continue."

Chico glared, clearly fumed. "You and your friends? You selfish,
arrogant ass," he returned Terry's rebuke.

[...]

The Colonel sighed. "Terry," the man called out, his voice pleading. "I
can understand your concerns for you and your friends, but you'll have
to understand, I have to worry about more than you or your friends. I
have the whole team to worry about. I clearly underestimated the Bishop,
but he is no longer a problem. There were people involved in his
disposal into the Gallows Pool that must remain anomynous for all our
safety." The Colonel voice grew stern. "I would ask that you not press
me further on this subject."

[...]

Others in the hangar were growing aggitated and began interupting each
other, pressing the Colonel and clearly sharing Terry's concern. The
Colonel settled into the team's rhetoric. "Perhaps, I can explain more
later, but for now I want to move on from the setbacks of the past days,
weeks and months," he declared. He looked at Chico, clearly still
agitated, and then his wife. "To that end, dear?"

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA