[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts, was Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:50:19 -0600 (MDT)

[GM: So far I am keeping track of this, so feel free to continue filling
in this "mid"-post if there is more info your character needs. That goes
for anyone. I will close this thread tonight though, so get your
character's comments in by early this evening. ^_^]

David Kelk said:

>>>"Xavier crossed a line," the Colonel answered back. "The desert winds
>>> are shifting. Things in the Core are changing. I can assure you of
>>> that. I made a promise to you in contract, and I intend to keep that
>>> promise." His gaze scanned everyone on the hangar. "I need you all to
>>> trust me over the next few weeks."
>
> Keavy snapped her gum again.  The incident in the bar and the stories
> that the crew was telling of meetings with the Bishop began to worry
> her.  She was used to conflicts on the track but this seemed to be a
> different and more dangerous game altogether.  She stole a quick glance
> over at Terry trying to read his reaction.  He was always better than
> her at reading people and had a sensible head atop his broad shoulders.
>
> Terry's head was bent forward and lazily fell to one side.  Tina was
> standing in front of him and he was looking at her calf - through it
> actually with an unfocused gase.  He closed his eyes for a few seconds
> and mouthed some noiseless words before twitching involuntarily.  His
> right had opened and closed a few times.  Keavy knows he's a leftie, but
> prefers to shoot right for some reason. He's worried.
>
> "How could you go after Xavier and his cronies without money?" Terry
> asked.

The Colonel gave a distinctive pause. Looking at Terry, his gaze wasn't
malicious but rather unfocused. "Money isn't everything that makes the
world go around, Mr. McMartin," the little man finally answered.

[...]

>>>The Colonel settled into the team's commentary. "I want to move on
>>> from the setbacks of the past days, weeks and months," he declared. He
>>> looked at Chico and his wife. "To that end, dear?"

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA