[antispam-f] Re: RegEx support (was: Tab in 'From:')

  • From: Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:29:47 +0100

In article <4e7bbc2920steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25 Oct, Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4e7b8d7162steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> > > This is an instance where Dave Higtons pseudo-server comes in handy
> > > as it simulates the slight delays in the header download that you
> > > don't get from the testing feature.
> > I have never played with that ... (fx sound of download> ... hmm ...
> > looks as if it will take some working out how to use that! Any hints
> > would be useful I think!

> Line 60 of the Server file needs to be set to your local IP (unless you
> modify the code to look at the machines address (the copy I found first
> in my delving is the plain vanilla version but I do recall making the
> change so the pseudo server was more portable.
Yes, I had spotted the IP, thanks.

It then failed to start with an error from the Socket_Accept ...
17:01:03.56 ** WimpError ** from POP3 pseudo-server
  Error  : &00020E23
  Message: Resource temporarily unavailable
However, I seemed to remember something about adding &20E00 to the error
codes for the Iyonix, which then allowed it to start :-))

> The messages file needs to contain a series of mail messages in rmail
> format.
Is it a Messages File? I thought it wanted a Messages Directory with
several messages in it? Mind you, AS seems to connect, but the box fails
with '040 -ERR Message does not exist' so I have still got something
wrong :-(

When you say rmail format, presumably this is without the #! rmail
nnnnnnn header line?

> AntiSpam needs to be set to download/check against the IP
> rather than a normal mailbox. (You can add it in to the normal AS
> mailbox definitions, or in my case just ran AS on a different machine)
Thanks for that - that would have stumped me, although it may be obvious
when you know.

> (reminder to self -  this is in Internet.netdev.Aspam_add)

> Regex - I seem to have a copy of stuff that Kade Hansson was working on
> too (Dev.AS_Stuff.OtherVersions.Kade) and what I recognise as an early
> version of my efforts Dev.AS_Stuff.OtherVersions.UserTest_Regex I
> *know* there is a more developed version. Must be on one of the other
> machines. Searching...
Don't bother too much - it would just be useful to see if my
implementation is anything like others, in case I have missed something.

> (Meanwhile - the grammar check compiles OK, needs riscosifying then see
> if it is useful in that form)
Sounds interesting!

Thanks for your help.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader