[antispam-f] Re: RegEx support (was: Tab in 'From:')

  • From: Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:57:57 +0100

In article <4e7b6e1aeeantispam@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4e7b39a767steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 24 Oct, Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > At present I just don't have the time to go hunting for the
> > > necessary information (or digest it when found). Sorry. Maybe later.

> > I will dig out the old UserTest code that did Regex.

> Thanks. That will speed things up.

I have also just put together a RegEx User Test which seems to work, but
I am going to try and determine if it is worth 'Compiling' each
expression once, rather than each time it is used (which could be quite a
lot!). This would mean integrating it more into the main code. I also
need to check which settings would be best to use.

You are welcome to see my code as well - and use whichever bits are best.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader