[analogorgans] Re: soldering....

  • From: "Jean Moquin" <jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:03:44 -0500

Hello Milt,

      220 no. 1 is fully functionnal now!....I learned a lot while fixing
it....Charlie Stack was a great, wonderfull and very patient help there!....

    What I bought from Daffer was the console plus five 100W amps....no
speakers

    What I have here for this organ:
1) a pair of Cerwin Vega 12 in +  mid + tweet
2) a pair of Cerwin Vega 15 in. + mid + tweet
3) an 18 in Electro Voice woofer.

    This particular organ will be used on Feb 19 for a concert in a college
auditorium...mostly for accompaniment....violin, singning....

    As for 220 no. 2.....I pluged it for the first time last week.....after
cleaning the key contacts (and the rest of the console!), only two troubles
left:
a) a cipher
b) two broken connections on the overhanging board related to the
"chiff".....
This is all!!!!....I won't learn much on this one!....This console in like a
two years old car with 10 000 miles on!.....or...."has been used only once a
week by the pastor driving from home to church"......BTW, this is a drawknob
console....and the cabinet is oil finished....

      I have been diagnosed a  prostate cancer last October.....I immediatly
went through tests....they where positive....I saw the Urologist
yesterday.....I got a call from the hospital this morning....All
pre-operation tests are sheduled for the 11th and 15th (next week)....I
should go through surgery by the end of this month....

      I am looking forward for a trip in PA by the end of April.....

Best to you and family!

Jean

Best regards,

Jean