[analogorgans] Hi, Group - need help - NOT ANY MORE :)

  • From: RGrauman@xxxxxxx
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 02:16:50 EDT

IT'S FIXED! I DID IT!!!

So, I've been forwarding all your idea emails to a friend of  mine, who,
while he's no electrical engineer, can at least tell a capacitor  from a
potentiometer. He came over tonight to have a look see and help me
troubleshoot by
running through some of these great ideas you all have been  giving me.

We started with Kenneth's idea of dirty potentiometers, and that turned out
to be it! My friend helped me ID them (I'm sure everyone else knows what they
are from looking at those photos I posted on shutterfly, but, well, I had no
earthly idea until my friend was like "those are your potentiometers"). Then
he  taught me the "poor man's way" (or, in my case, the
oh-my-gosh-do-I-really-have-to-un-solder-those-things-there-must-be-another-way
 way) to clean
them: take a screwdriver and spin them back and forth a bunch of  times. So I
tried it on one, and VOILA! Static almost all gone! So I did the  second one
and
came back to the first one again and now all is right with the  world. :)

Thanks to everyone!!!

Now, if only my stand light worked, my upper pedal notes didn't stick, the
keys on the great weren't all uneven and clacky...

~Ronnie