[analogorgans] Re: Hi, Group - need help - NOT ANY MORE :)

  • From: "Ken Fedorick" <kfedorick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:21:49 -0600

WONDERFUL!!!!  Congratulations....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RGrauman@xxxxxxx
  To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:16 AM
  Subject: [analogorgans] Hi, Group - need help - NOT ANY MORE :)

  IT'S FIXED! I DID IT!!!

  So, I've been forwarding all your idea emails to a friend of mine, who, while
he's no electrical engineer, can at least tell a capacitor from a
potentiometer. He came over tonight to have a look see and help me troubleshoot
by running through some of these great ideas you all have been giving me.

  We started with Kenneth's idea of dirty potentiometers, and that turned out
to be it! My friend helped me ID them (I'm sure everyone else knows what they
are from looking at those photos I posted on shutterfly, but, well, I had no
earthly idea until my friend was like "those are your potentiometers"). Then he
taught me the "poor man's way" (or, in my case, the
oh-my-gosh-do-I-really-have-to-un-solder-those-things-there-must-be-another-way
way) to clean them: take a screwdriver and spin them back and forth a bunch of
times. So I tried it on one, and VOILA! Static almost all gone! So I did the
second one and came back to the first one again and now all is right with the
world. :)

  Thanks to everyone!!!

  Now, if only my stand light worked, my upper pedal notes didn't stick, the
keys on the great weren't all uneven and clacky...

  ~Ronnie