[amayausers.com] Re: tackle twill

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:20:12 UT

This message was posted by buddajean on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/521.html#000004

Thanks for the replies.  Have been busy, so haven't checked back.  I have been
embroidering for over 15 years.   Started on one of those home machines, and
moved from an EP1 to EM1 to EMC1 and now the Amaya.  I did have about 7 hours
of training, but time is limited right now, as I teach sewing full time.  I
know I need more training, but am constantly testing.
The fabric I am working on is a shiny polyester fleece.  My rep told me to wrap
my hoop with tape
(17x14 hoop-rect).   The design does fit the hoop.  I have it hooped tightly
with the screw tightened so the material is taught.  I have tried both sharp
and ball point to see if it would make a difference.  Nothing!  It is a
professionally digitized design from Dalco and just has a zigzag stitch, no
satin.  There just doesn't seem to be enough thread, and I have tried at least
5 different settings.  It works just perfect on my old EMC1---but I want to use
the new Amaya.  I appreciate any other suggestions.  What brand and size of
needle do you like the best?
Thanks for the help.  Really appreciated.
budda