[amayausers] Re: small letters-short stitch on or off?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:50:34 -0500

I did that...went to 30 pt. Have version #7 sewing out now...we'll see how
it works. Put in pull comp of 110 on the lettering, went to edit stitches
and pulled the top and bottom of the 'O's in it wider (looked terrible),
took out the 'box' and went with 4 'lines' instead, got rid of the double
underlayment in the lettering...and can you believe this is for only a
couple pieces?
Tried the autodigitize-what a joke! NOT one single piece of the logo was
recognizable-so I just rebuilt it from scratch.
Got it running now...and guess what! A major flaw in the 'clamp' hoop
system...get a bird's nest or problem-and you cannot take the hoop off to
clean out underneath...move the cloth at all and you just screwed your
design. Glad I'm only testing it-have to keep that in mind on expensive
stuff-USE A HOOP!....
but the 'box' and outline are sewing fine now-without going over and over
for 4 underlayments.
Back to work...finish this test and I give up for the day.
Still need the client to approve it before I run the jacket!
Roland