[amayausers] Re: small letters-short stitch on or off?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:00:55 -0500

I've spent the last half hour going through the amaya posts for the month-I
know this was just talked about and didn't write it down...
trouble with small (under 1/4") letters-lots of thread breaks...do I turn
short stitches 'on' or 'off'?
I did find the font automatically put in underlayment AND second
underlayment  so I removed it and left only centerline, that helped but not
enough.
Reduced 75% of the breaks.
Have a fill behind the lettering-reduced the undelayment on that-had lines
too close on the underlayment so that the fill had a 'cordoroy' look and the
lettering was terrible. Changed the fill pattern also.
So I'm hoping the last couple problems are from having 'short stitch'
incorrect.
Roland