[amayausers] Re: small letters-short stitch on or off?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:12:38 -0500

Rod & Janel...
we are using the 65/9 needles (but regular thread because of the colors) and
changed to just centerline underlayment. Letters are 1/4" high, but going
over a #12 fill pattern behind it. I think that's the worst  problem. Did
one sewout without the fill and the lettering is  perfect-real tight and
even (in comparison with the 2 pics you posted-those are 'loose') but the
company logo MUST have the black background. Dang it...
but to do it on a couple hats, I'm telling them NO fill background-just the
outlines and lettering. Can't see doing 13,000 stitches on hats that only
cost $2....and I don't think I could hold the design. It is only 1.5" high,
4.5" wide-an 'oval' with the 2 ends coming out square-that's a 20 point
outline, black fill-then another 'box' outline on top of it-5/8" high, no
oval-10 point line-inside THAT is two lines of type, with ANOTHER edge to
edge line, 6 pt.
Way too much 'edge to edge' sewing to try and hold the outlines onto a full
background fill for a hat...I can see lots of 'gaps' trying to do that one!
Roland