[amayausers.com] Re: slimline clamping system

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:25:41 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/484.html#000006

Oh, I'd say the slim line is pretty wonderful.  You just stick the material in
there with the stabilizer and just close the clamp and you're ready to stitch.
With the FFs you have to deal with glue or clamps all around.  But the slim
line is  -- well, you have to be really careful.  You absolutely cannot leave
the clamp open.  If it is open and you bring the thread bar closed (the bar
that tucks the thread in) the bar will hit the frame and you can do some major
damage.  I ALWAYS take it off when I am finished with it.  Even if I am going
to use it in the morning, I still take it off and put it back on AFTER I have
started up the machine.  Bad things can happen if you don't.

But that being said, I love that thing.  It is super easy to use.  I use it on
golf towels to put a design close to the corner.  The clamp holds very tightly.
It is a very good piece of equipment.

Juli in Kona