[amayausers] Re: help! new at embroidery and having trouble

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 05:52:00 -0400

90% of Dakotas designs are digitized for flat goods such as shirts and
jacket-backs. I personally have not used the WACF cap frame because I never got
a request for someone to embroider the front and sides in one design. You will
see this used more often for people who do embroidery for gift shops, sports
teams, etc. If you don't think you will use the WACF cap frame for embroidering
the sides of caps, I would suggest getting the conventional cap frame. This
will frame the front of the cap only so it moves less. There is one pictured in
MelcoMart catalog. It only frames the front of the cap. I believe it is around
$225 each. (If you are just starting out, you can get one for now.) Once you
build up your business and start doing lots of caps, you may want to get a
second one to speed up production.
From: "Cindy Chamberlin" <impressivethreads@xxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:39:19 -0700 John, I have the WACF. The design was put
together from Dakota Flag section
by the customer's previous embroider. What I can't understand is why my cap
slips backward during sewing.