[amayausers.com] Re: hats wacf

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:30:46 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1206.html#000005

Sometimes, people give you advice without explanation.  This is where I try to
set myself apart from other embroidery trainers.

The reason the person told you to always start off with a new bobbin with hats
is this:

It's virtually impossible to remove and reinstall the bobbin case in and out of
the bobbin basket without having to remove the cap frame from the machine
AND/OR possibly shifting the registration of the cap in the middle of sewing
the design.  This is due to the fact that the cap surrounds the end of the
sewing arm where the bobbin case is installed.
Visors wouldn't present this problem as their tops are open.

Personally, I don't think you need to start with a "brand new bobbin" on every
hat but you certainly want to be aware of the amount of bobbin present before
you start.  If you do happen to run out of bobbin in the middle of the design
on a cap, remove the cap frame from the machine very carefully ensuring that
you don't shift the material of the cap in any direction minimizing
registration issues.

Now, after all that typing, I see why they said "always start with a new
bobbin" and nothing else.  Phewwwww!!!!

Ed
(Seriously,.. glad I can type fast.)