[amayausers.com] Re: false bobbin breaks, x axis only

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:13:04 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1221.html#000004

Thanks for answering so quickly; its nice to know there's somebody out there
when I want to scream.

I did try changing the bobbin case, needle etc. no dice...I've been using the
same design for years with no problem. I'm now thinking it may be the hoop.  I
have it wrapped in athletic tape and may have overdone it on this one.  Right
now I have the same design running in an identical hoop without so much tape -
so far no problem.  The hoop was hard to engage in the clips on the hoop arms
so I'm wondering if that isn't somehow affecting the whole presser foot/tension
relationship.  I hope the solution is this simple, even though it means I'm
going to have to pop the partially sewn design from the problem hoop and get it
lined back up again. ugh!  Needless to say, I'm not taking this step until I'm
sure the entire 60K design sews out in the hoop I now have running.