[amayausers] Re: exact placement

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:51:50 -0700

John,

As far as I know you have to call and ask for upgrades and if you are in the
right time frame you get them free and if you are not then you have to pay
to upgrade.  Its best to either call Melco directly or your sales rep and
get info from them.

Since I am a beta tester for Melco they automatically send me new software
whether its beta or released version they try to get it to us testers as
quickly as possible so we can test and get back to them any problems so they
can fix and improve the software to get it ready for regular release as soon
as they can.

I think part of the reason they don't send everyone upgrades when they come
out is because not everyone qualifies for the free upgrade.  Its like if you
own Corel Draw.  I would bet the people that help them test thier software
get upgrades regular but as an end user like myself if I own Corel 13 and 14
comes out they are not going to automatically send me ver 14 cause I have
ver 13.  I have to call and upgrade.

This is just my thought on this subject so I may or may not be correct in my
assumptions but it just makes sense to me.  It would be nice if they could
setup a automatic e-mail where when they release a new version all
registered AMAYA owners would at least be informed of a new version so they
can take steps to get the new software if so desired.

On a good note as a beta tester I do get the software right away and can
inform this group there is a new version so you guys and gals can contact
Melco for your new release.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx