[amayausers] converting sating stitches to fill stitches

  • From: "Avalon Embroidery" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:01:27 -0800

Hi All!

I was wondering if someone could give me some info. on the following.  I have a
customer who needs to have some jackets done. (not nylon this time!)  She wants
text only on the back of the jacket done in a "western style".  The larger
letters are approx. an inch and a half tall.  I just used one of the fonts that
comes with design shop (not a true type font)  I noticed that the stitch count
more than doubled when I changed from satin to fill.

The person that I use for digitizing looked at it and said that the larger
letters have to be digitized. (and they are only 1 1/2" tall)  He said that the
fonts that are digitized as satin stitches will still follow that same pattern
as a satin stitch when converted to fill causing the lettering to "bunch up" on
the fabric when sewing out and it would cause endless thread breaks while
sewing.  (though I have changed satin to fill before for directors chair backs
to 2" and it sewed out great, just with a bazillion stitches)

Is this really the case?  I was wondering if maybe I am just converting the
satin to fill stitches incorrectly?  I would just enter the font and then go
into fill and change it from satin to fill.  Is there a way to change and not
have such a high stitch count? I certainly can understand an increase in
stitches, but for it to more than double?

Barbara
Avalon Embroidery