[amayausers] Re: Towels (second request please)

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:13:28 EDT

Hi Ed,

What size is the towel? Are you putting a design or just lettering it? I
just did a 3 inch monogram (3 letters) on large beach towels for $10 each (4
towels, same letters, different colors--I also matched the bobbin thread to the

thread color). The price is probably low but it is a good customer (he
supplied  the towels). Instead of solvy, I used plastic food wrap (no small
areas
though).  For the lettering, I used both a zig zag (increased density) and edge

stitch underlay. I also slightly increased the density of the satin stitch. I
used the Brody font and had to decrease the width slightly so the satin
stitches would stitch (on the letter C at 3 inches, the stitch length was so
large, the Amaya OS interpreted it as a trim--probably another way to fix but
the
width was what I thought of).

I hope this helps.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 6/30/2005 2:28:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
erc_ruiz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi to all,
My writing is bad but i understand very well  what
you write.  My Amaya is sitting in my living room like
my dog,  doing nothing.  The last week I bought one
roll
of solvy toping for  embroider some towel for gift.
Now I have various request with geneous  earning, but
I want your advice about price, material (Kmart $6
towel),  letter type, letter size to make profit with
towel.  Thank very  much.

Ed.RUiz