[amayausers.com] Re: Thread trims, NOT!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:28:04 UT

This message was posted by integrity on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/614.html

Well, I just replaced the red rollers for the new gummi ones, and replaced all
the large yellow rollers too. Right after upgrading to Amaya OS v9.  So I
decided to run the AMPASS just for fun (isn't that what we do this for!).
Well, I can't get a decent trim between color changes, on any kind of sewing,
fill, column, etc.  So I stopped and went to the trim test file, and as
expected, not a single decent trim.  Took the needle plate off, cleaned around
the selector and knife (nothing significant to remove), oiled, and made sure
the trimmer and selector ran with the maintenance test. Looks AOK.  Nada,
zilch, no help at all.  Checked the bobbin and tensions. No help!

What next?  I vaguely remembered a dilemma like this immediately after
delivery, took a tech visit to sort it out and correct.

Regards,
Dave