[amayausers.com] Re: Thread trims, NOT!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 03:05:01 UT

This message was posted by integrity on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/614.html#000006

Tina got it!  Mary, the motto was a twist on Ed's email signature!!   ;)

Alright, some serious update...
First of all, Chris Fenton at Melco called about another issue so I dragged the
big dog into the fight, and he gave me pointers to follow out on, and I did
tonight.  I checked the needle calibration, position in the needle plate hole,
and moved a few, mostly to the left, but only one or two "clicks."  Rechecked
my hook timing and spacing between the needle and hook, looks dead on.  So I
ran the AMTRIM, and used a technique to stop the action right at the point of
beginning the trim and step through it.  Aha! The moment of truth - sure enough
- the selector is missing the top thread consistently (catches the bobbin OK).
It is as if the hook is not allowed to turn around the clock far enough, it
stops leaving the top thread at about 7 o'clock, and this is too far to the
left of the selector to grab consistently.  Now, here's the rub... all this is
with AOS v9.  I went back and reloaded v7 (which by the way, the two versions
want to install by default into the same directory, n
 ot like Design Shop which goes into separate ones, you have to change where to
install on your own, I digress). Anyway, I run this AMTRIM design, same gummi
thread feed rollers with v7, and it runs perfectly, hence my discovery where
the hook is at with the thread when the trim selector starts to move, right at
dead up and down, 6 o'clock.  Immediately went back and started in v9, and
voila, the problems resume, back to 7 oclock!  So techs, what gives??

Once again I've $pent buck$ to upgrade $oftware and it's not up to par.  Don't
get me wrong, there are some great looking features, it looks like in this new
version, but it just does everything consistently wrong, and slower.  And if
you "touch" the mouse in the middle of some action, it always gives me a "not
responding" reaction and takes even longer to calculate and refresh the screen.

Well, I have a long weekend away from the shop to attend Abilene Christian
University Sing Song weekend.  So everyone else can mull this over and figure
the next update needed.

Regards,
Dave