[amayausers.com] Re: Thread shredding just above needle

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:43:46 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/969.html#000012

One more thing, this chatter about "swapping" needle bars around may not mean
that the actual needle bars were physically taken out and swapped around into
different positions. A guage and fixture($$$$$) just for this purpose may have
been used to check the needle case and because of "wear" the closest and
fartherest positions may have changed. We are talking "thousands of an inch".
The hook timing would then be changed in relation to the "new" closest needle
position. If you can physically wobble the needlebar, then it is time for a
needlecase rebuild.

If, for instance, just a few of the needle bars are used consistantly more than
others and the operator has been a bit stingy with the lubrication, more wear
will be the result in the needlebar bushings. Before everyone goes ripping
their needlecases apart, better know all the facts. It might be wise to know
"exactly" what took place and why and have the proper tools, guages,
micrometers, etc, before you start.

There, there is my 2 cents worth on the subject.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer