[amayausers.com] Re: Supplier Help

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:13:56 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/567.html#000001

Scout Uniforms can only be purchesed through the BSA organization-and
affiliated Scout Stores. I don't know who to contact at BSA National to get set
up, but I do know you cannot buy them if you do not have a full 'scout store'.
Uniform requirements are very strict as for placement of patches, awards,
etc.-and you cannot go off those requirements. There is NOTHING that gets
directly embroidered-all the patches are supplied by BSA. The only 'outside'
vendor work that can be used is 'patrol' patches, camporee, and event patches.
BSA is VERY strict on this-the use of ANY related Boy Scout logo items is the
only logo covered by a federal statute-set up years ago!
Any scout or unit violating the uniform codes can have the patches removed-lose
their uniforms, etc.-because of the rules.
Trust me...I've been involved in scouting for over 25 years, and Uniform
Inspections & requirements is one of my fields of expertise.
Even 'used' uniforms (by BSA rules) are not supposed to be 'sold' at yard
sales, through thrift shops, used for costumes, etc,-they are supposed to
recycle them back into other scout units to pass on!
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly-I have the links
(might need to be updated) to the uniform specs...and am one of the few in our
3 state area that's been given approval by 2 councils to do work scout work!