[amayausers.com] Re: Shipping

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:39:07 UT

This message was posted by Theresa S. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/56/2.html#000018

I know what you mean; I've had cases (at work) where we bought the carrier's
insurance, then it was damaged.  After the fact, they said they were going to
give us our money back for the insurance.  TRUE STORY!  You just have to expect
that shipping people are going to play tackle foot ball with your freight and
package it accordingly. With those sewing machines, I'm sure they had the
factory formed styrofoam or equivalent..and you can't do much better. I just
bought a sewing machine off ebay, shipped from MS to CA and it was fine (I did
buy insurance, though).  The only thing I would have suggested is they slide it
in a plain brown box.  Seems like the more delicate it looks, the rougher it
gets treated.  Things need to be packed tightly so they don't move around in
the box.