[amayausers] Re: Question

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <eta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Rod & Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:59:10 -0600

First question is, how much RAM do you have? How fast is your processor and
do you have a line conditioner or UPS? You might try running only one
application at a time. Make sure you have all the updated drivers for your
equipment including an updated version of your operating system. Also, turn
off virus detection. Next, if you have Norton Utilities do a Win Doctor
scan. Be sure you have plenty of space left on your hard drive. These are
all just starting places. Over the years, I have found that these things
just described caused me more trouble than anything else. The minimum specs
Melco recommends for DS and the OS are just that - minimum. You can spend
hours on the phone and waste an awful lot of time researching just exactly
what it was that caused you to have the problem when in the end, if you just
had up-to-date equipment you may not have had a problem at all.
Jack