[amayausers] Re: Pricing Your Product

  • From: "For Heaven's Sake Embroidery" <for_heavens_sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:56:31 -0400

John,

I'm sure you will get lots of replies to this.  The general rules of thumb
are:
double the cost for your garment + .80 - $1 per thousand stitches.  These
are just general guidelines and can be different for volumes, who supply's
the garment and such.  Some add "set-up" charges and some charge "digitizing
fee's" or "Design Fee's" for in-stock designs.

With volume orders, you may want to reduce the garment mark-up, but I
wouldn't discount the embroidery as that is more of a "fixed cost".

For the schools, I give them a discount AND provide free shirts for the
coaches or class teacher for orders greater than 30 pcs.  Just makes them
want to order from me.  I also offer free digitizing on their first order,
letting them know that the design is mine and not theirs (they may purchase
it at a big price later if they desire).  Again, I do this to get their
business and keep them from going elsewhere.

Kelly
For Heavens Sake  Kelly@xxxxxxxx