[amayausers] Re: Pricing Thoughts

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:15:53 -0400

This 'RFB' sounds like similar jobs I ran into when I used to sell
restaurant supplies (complete kitchens, etc. for schools, all that
big stuff). Usually a 'vague' bid like this is almost certainly a
'rigged' bid...just enough info to make a legitimate 'bid' for the
'pencil pushers' but set up in advance with someone that already
'has' the job and knows what is going on. Once in awhile I run into
it with screen print jobs for local community center...such as '40
teams' with 'contrast color' shirts, each one numbered and named,
with sponsor, from a prenamed teeshirt brand, etc etc etc...and the
bid is due one week later, awarded same day, with shirts due a week
later...and they say it isn't rigged....
and I've taken RFB for ADA signage for a complete school
campus...worked on the bid for 3 years with the director of
facilities....and guess what...the bid 'officially' was vague enough
everyone else bid way over my bid...I didn't cheat...my bid was put
in the last day. But strange as it seems, I had quoted exactly what
was needed.
So it happens, with best intent....
if you don't have an 'inside' source for more info....think carefully
about what you could be getting into!
Good luck.