[amayausers] Re: (No From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@sunrisegraphics.org>

  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:30:19 -0400

Mary, probably too late for you...but this is what I have done...in Design
Shop, open up the design and zoom in on the last stitch area of that
letter...and using the 'manual' stitch, start on the last point and do a
tiny zig zag- maybe 4-5 stitches as close as you dare...as a 'manual' tie
off. (You have to make sure there is no 'color change' or 'trim' between
your last thread and this 'added' tie down)
Using the 3-D view you can make sure your stitches follow the pattern of the
letter so they will 'hide' in the threads and not go perpendicular across
them.
I learned this by 'deconstructing' pre digitized Dakota designs when I was
changing them and saw the same problem. All the Dakota designs 'end' this
way-a couple extra 'tie down' stitches.
Works for me, and didn't change anything in the design.
Roland

From: marywdemb@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:41:47 -0400
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers]

Hi List,

First, thank you to all who responded to my request for pms colors,
especially Herb.

I'm having a problem with a design and need some advice.  The digitized
design was provided by the customer, but they asked me to delete a word,
which stitches last.  I was able to do that, but now the thread pulls out at
the last letter stitched.  I am using EDSIV, highlighted the last element,
went into Lock/Trim and checked the tie off box. I stitched the design again
and it is still pulling out at the end.

Any advice?

June Casole
Marywood Embroidery