[amayausers] Re: Moving Amaya to an Event

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:07:34 +0000

David,
I know exactly how much to charge for transporting your machine...
At minimum,....  ONE ARM AND ONE LEG!!!!!

Unless your "full size van" is custom equipped like Scooby's Mystery Machine
with an electric generator on the roof and you do all your embroidery out the
back door,...   Don't do it man!

I couldn't agree more with everything Roland had to say!
If you have no work and the machine is collecting dust in the back room, then
maybe but charge no less than $2,000 US dollars which should cover you for your
time and potential hazards.  Unless you really do yourself in by dropping that
puppy.
If commercial machines were meant to be transported, I'd be out of a job.  (Or
at least I'd work out of the house.)
If you are thinking of doing this more than once,...  Invest in a smaller
machine like a one or six needle - something you can carry by yourself.  You'll
also need two people, not only for moving the machine but one to sew and one to
handle the customer's orders and organization.  Don't think you can do it all
by yourself.  Try to handle the first stitch that needs special attention and
you'll have a line forming of angry customers wanting to know what's taking so
long.
Don't worry if you say no to the Event People.  They'll always find a sucker to
do it who is new to the embroidery industry.  ....And yes, I was a sucker once
too.  And I didn't even move my machine from my shop.  That's a story for
another day.

Don't do it man!!!
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech and Trainer