[amayausers] Re: Moving Amaya to an Event

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:27:46 EDT

I'll chime in here.....I've taken my machine to 2 business showcases both
without incident. As long as you're careful (read 2 people using handles to
move) I think you'll be fine. As for time, maybe 1/2 hour to load and  another
1/2 to unload and setup (times 2). I'd charge $100 show time (so if I'm  there
4
hours, $400). This would translate to 6 hours of work for $400 ($66+ per
hour). Also consider travel time! Plus you get the added benefit of getting
your
name out (bring lots of business cards). Always have something stitching, the
 running machine is a great crowd attraction--maybe a tote with a larger hoop
so  you can remove it mid-run, use your 15cm hoops to do names and then
reload the  tote design during slow periods.

Of course bring extra bobbins, backing (find out what kind of shirts  they're
providing), needles, scissors, oil, brush, etc.

Also, I would have 2 or 3 choices for fonts (too many is not good) and  limit
yourself to the colors you have on the machine. You might consider  printing
the font sheets and placing them in plastic sleeves so people can  see what
all the letters look like in the fonts you offering (You could stitch  them out
but that's more time consuming).

It sounds like a half-day gig so I'd go for it!

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467