[amayausers] Re: Monogram proportions?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:31:05 -0500

I should have stayed at my desk later last nite-you were sending messages
about 20 minutes after I left!
Can't get into the jacket above the pocket-because the pocket is sewn into
the lining...worst place to embroider. On the few jackets we had to do that
area-we use the largest hoop we can (the gray ones) so that the entire
pocket is 'in' the hoop area. Can't hoop over the pocket-the extra seams and
the inside zipper won't allow it. So that one area you have to go through
everything. MT is probably going to be up around 10-12- make sure you have
an underlayment, and run real slow for the first letter or part of the
logo-so you can watch that underlayment. If it is real tight, start
increasing the MT until you get the right tension. And use solvy-it really
helps define the letters - the jacket material is not smooth.
Hope you can get it right...we had to tear out stitching on one jacket over
5 times before we got things working right-lots of problems with a huge
67,000 stitch logo just on the back-and about 40,000 more on the front
between another logo and the names.
If you think the customer will be back for more-order one of the Sanmar
jackets (I got a whole bunch of things from them free the first time-good
sales rep!) and show them the difference in quality and price-and you should
get them to switch!
Roland

From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:03:30 -0500
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Monogram proportions?

Roland, I forgot to mention the logo and name is to go above the front
pocket, so I doubt if splitting the bottom would work, or would it?  And
again, how do you get the arms of the little 5.9mm hoop attached to the
machine if they are sandwiched between the two layers of fabric?  If I
decide to try and hoop both layers, would I use an 8 or 9 MT?        Debbie