[amayausers.com] Re: Melco ignoring anyone else?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:52:48 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/573.html#000008

OK, as I was reading these posts and agreeing with what everyone was saying,
when I stumbled across a thought that I wondered if anyone else has had? Please
don't take offense on anyone's account. this is just a simple thing to make you
say, Hmmm... I don't work for Melco I use their products and am a big fan and
have had my share of troubles also.

Many topics come and go on this list and one of them is always "How can I grow
my business?" Studies have always shown it costs way more to attract new
business than it does to keep current customers. Don't beleive me? if you have
Satellite TV, try to get your equipment upgraded for free while any new
customer off the street gets four rooms of free equipment and Installation for
free, while the guy that's been paying in for years just wants to get new
services but needs to update ageing equipment to do so,

anyway my point is this, Melco is just a company, no a corporation, and somehow
we hold them to higher standards than we small businesses. Just because they
are big doesn't mean they are perfect, and like us, are they overlooking a
revenue stream that is right under there noses? the existing customer looking
to stay in tune with the Amaya lifestyle and upgrade to newer more efficient
software or hardware? Want to dump big red for a new XT? I have never been
asked that. Only they can tell their reasoning behind it.
When was the last time you as a business owner sent out e-mail to your existing
customer base telling them about the new line of shirts just out, or a new
technique you have mastered or maybe a new product you have access to that may
benefit them, or even just plain asked for their business again or for a
referral or even the dreaded "Let us know where you think we can make
improvements"?
Anyway I am guilty of all these things, as business declines slightly do I look
to my existing customer base to make sure I am getting all the business there
for the taking or am I looking to pour more money into a shot at new people,
that I may or may not have a shot at, but the money is spent just the same.
Hmmmm...

Business is an ongoing ever changing organism, This is hard to remember when
you get stuck in the day to day grind of production, but it happens.
We find problems and hopefully fix them, we push in directions that work, and
pull back from ones that don't. Does anyone remember when the Amaya first came
out and they were promoting it as the machine that can sew WITHOUT backing? I
do, caught my interest right away, Do any of you sew with out backing? not too
often, but, it can be done, just like they said and we did on some jobs, but we
soon learned the quality just wasn't the same, and soon after many responses
from customers (I assume) they abandoned that line of advertising, you see like
us they learn from mistakes and run with successes, but do they listen to
feedback?, do we? Hmmmm...

Just some food for thought, now I have to get back to my customer list and put
my money where my keyboard is. : )

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

Ron