[amayausers.com] Re: Horrible Noise when the Needle Case Moves

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:29:13 UT

This message was posted by Fabrications on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/894.html#000001

YES!   I had a similar popping noise as the needle case moved from color to
color.  The tech told me it was the gears in back that were not correctly
aligned and were hitting one another as they passed by - sorry for not having
all the technical terms and can't remember the name of the piece he replaced.
Anyway, it was the single plastic gear behind the needle case causing the
problems and he replaced it.  Working fine ever since.