[amayausers.com] Re: Horrible Noise when the Needle Case Moves

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:21:37 UT

This message was posted by TheMacGyver on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/894.html

I have a 3 month old XT, everything is running great when all of a sudden, it
sounds like the Marine Sniper School has taken over the machine.  Every time
the needle case moves (left or right) there is a LOUD!! Popping Noise.  Sounds
like metal on metal.  It usually does this when you turn the machine on and
after a while it quits, but sometimes when you manually move the needle case
you run for cover.  Thinking abut a trip to the local Army Surplus store for
Battle Gear.  My wife talked to someone at Melco and He/She advised the machine
was just getting used to the needles?????? What ever that means.  Anyone seen
this before.  I cannot physically find a problem but haven't taken a hammer to
it.

Thanks
Gary and Anita