[amayausers] Re: Hoops

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:03:56 -0700

Steve and Russel,

The next size up, or what is listed as 44 X 30 CM (17.25" X 11.75") Melco part number 12344 is a double height wooden hoop for the Amaya. There are also 2 others that are tubular and made of the Amaya that are double height wooden hoops but are larger. Probably the 44 X 30 would be what you are looking for.

There are some smaller sizes in double height wooden hoops that Melco sells, but as Steve mentions they were made for the EMC machines. The difference is that the EMC machines are not tubular. The hoop attaches with one bracket in the center top side of the hoop and a table top is used for support. With tubular machines, the hoop attaches on 2 sides and adds better stability of the hoop so a table top is not needed. The EMC machines did not sew at the speeds the Amaya can sew at, so the stability of the hoop was not as much of a concern. At the higher sewing speeds of the Amaya, I feel the EMC hoops would give and design registration issues would be a problem.

Jeff Banks
Melco Embroidery Systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Russell Silva" <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:12:46 -0500
Does anyone know if the 14 X 11.7 hoops are available in wooden double hight? I have a plastic one but it just doesn't hold good enough for a large design.

Thanks in advance
Russell Silva
R. S. Embroidery