[amayausers.com] Re: Help with Small Font - Thread Shredding

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:32:51 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/964.html#000013

Take a close look at lettering when you type it in...most fonts are 'spaced' by
an imaginary 'box' around each letter. So if you get a capital A next to a
W...it looks like John says-room to drive a truck. Kerning by hand (click on
the individual letter, then move it sideways) allows you to 'overlap' those
imaginary boxes and fill in that space. Computer programs don't 'see'
graphically what we do-so the 'visual' effect is something we add. I see a LOT
of it in sign work with big letters-'fast and cheap' signs don't step back and
take a look at the final product before cutting it. Same with embroidery-if YOU
don't like how it looks-neither will the customer.