[amayausers.com] Re: HELP! not trimming

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:13:38 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/441.html#000010

Juli...you don't have it that bad...we were rethreading 10-15 times PER ITEM
for a year...until our service tech magically appeared at the door 3 years
after we bought it...guess no one at Melco thought to tell him to come see
us-and wouldn't tell us HE existed.
First thing he found-the 'cables' that handle the carriage were slack...just
enough to throw things off so slightly that the needle was trying to hit a
moving target...adjusted that, fine tuned everything else...and it ran like it
NEVER had from day one. Now if we get a problem with thread breaks, shredding,
etc. we know it is either : density (or too many points in one place), a loose
hoop hold down screw, shifting bag, burr on the needle, needle alignment a hair
off (the needleplate), etc. 90% of the time...it's that dang needleplate.
As for the 'tail'....not much you can do about that...sometimes we get'em,
sometimes we don't.
Upper thread not getting cut? Yup...maybe 1 or 2 times a day, OR it's a too
long jump stitch in the design we didn't add a trim cut to.
Most common in 'bought' digitizing by the way!
Some of the uncut thread might be caused by differences in the thread-it just
doesn't cut. I don't know-guessing on that one but we have noticed, like
others, that thread consistency can change between colors and brands.
So hang in there, and when you can get a service tech to stop by, be nice, get
him a good morning cup of coffee and a danish, and sweet talk him...he'll (or
she) will do you right!