[amayausers.com] Re: HELP! not trimming

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:49:57 UT

This message was posted by Alicante on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/441.html#000013

Thanks Rod, I changed the knife following your instructions and found the
correct maintenance manual on the cd.

I did have to unscrew the knife block in order to rehook the pushrod, once I
changed the knife. The pushrod would not budge forward, nor could I move the
knife back far enough, (last 1/8th inch probably) to lift it over the pushrod
hook onto the hole.
I then test sewed a small design and got no top trim, but the lower thread did
trim. Progress?

I saw in the cd maintenance booklet, they talk about a "housing unit" to adjust
the trimmer. Is that something I need to do now?