[amayausers.com] Re: Final Cost of Cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:23:30 UT

This message was posted by Mary Bowser on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/28.html#000004

I've been meaning to figure this out so thank you for asking. The cruise was
$1611 for two, which included travel insurance and 2 class fees. Airfare and
luggage ($15 per bag - 2 bags each way) was $707 from Indianapolis to Miami. We
took two excursions (one in Isla Roatan, Honduras, and one when we got back to
Miami which included airport transfers) plus tips on the ship and our final
bill to Carnival was $282. We stayed the pre-night at the Hampton (which
included tranfers from the airport to the hotel) and that was $168. The total
for all that was $2768. We must have paid for our transfer from hotel to the
port, but I can't remember how much it was, probably $10 to $15 each. So that
brings our total to just about $2800. We didn't spend much on stuff at the
ports and we didn't have any alcohol or soda on the ship. So I'd guess we went
pretty cheap.
It was our first cruise and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Thank-you to
everyone who made it a wonderful experience. (It didn't hurt that it was 3
degrees when we left Indy on Saturday morning and that we had 12 1/2 inches of
snow the Wednesday before we left.)
I can hardly wait to find out where the next cruise will be heading.

Mary Bowser
Mary's Custom Products