[amayausers.com] Re: Final Cost of Cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:16:05 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/28.html#000003

Ed - like Steve said it varies widely.  I've done two cruises with my wife and
son in the past few years and we like to "live it up" on these ventures.  That
means a bottle of wine every night, cocktails during the day, some spa services
for the little lady, and a lot of duty free scotch for me to bring home.  So I
wind up almost doubling the cost of the cruise by the time I'm done but that's
me and that's what I consider an all-out vacation rather than a
working/socializing excursion.

We have traveled with families that spend minimal amounts on the cruise but
like Steve said, remember tipping which does add up a bit.

We are about to book an Alaskan cruise for this July with some family members
who asked me the same question.  Everyone is different.  I would say have a
budget and stick to it.  You can have a really good time without spending a lot
of money.

Tom