[amayausers.com] Re: Diagnose column distortion

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:29:40 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1035.html#000009

I had to do this myself once and it is NOT an easy fix even for someone
mechanically gifted. The hardest part for me was the o-ring. It's not like the
standard o-rings and the tool that works with most, doesn't with the o-rings on
this part of the gear. I have since done it again by myself. Home Depot and
Lowes never saw an o-ring like this, and their tools were of no help. The old
neighborhood hardware store had an antique clamp-tool that sort of worked, but
even the owner took about half an hour just trying to get it back on right. It
is certainly do-able, but prepare to be frustrated for a little while and then
just take your time ... give yourself a few hours or more and use the correct
thread locker (red tube). This is one of the reasons why I now have a
maintenance agreement with Melco.