[amayausers.com] Re: Big patches

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:13:25 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1502/2.html#000023

We have a laser downstairs (I am up on the mezzanine with my 5 Amayas & a
Brother GT-782 DTG printer), and we use it for etching glass, burning wood &
leather, and cutting plastics.  I have limited experience on it- I did some
etching on glass and some plastic cutting before our embroidery took off, and
with the added responsibility of the printer, I haven't run the laser for over
2 years.  It is however, an amazing device, and doesn't need a lot of
maintenance- just keep it clean.  If you cut the plastic you need to have a
vacuum on it to vent the fumes outside.  Don't know the brand or anyting, but I
can go down and get that info if you need me to.