[amayausers.com] Re: Big patches

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:31:46 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1502.html

I had a small order for big patches (12 x 12) that I sent out to a patch maker
to do.  After 2 months they couldn't even give me a status on my job.  So I
pulled it.  I sent it off to Q Digitizing on a recommendation of one of the
groups because they could digitize in ofm.  Of course I can't do a 12 x 12
design so I split it in two which was very easy as the whole top part of the
design was all together.  And I added some manual stitches that fell on the
first part of the design so I could do a perfect line-up.  That part worked
like a charm.  The first part was 102,000 stitches and the second part was
11,000 stitches.  I ran it at 1350 st/min and it ran very smoothly!  Hardly any
thread breaks, perfect registration.  My customer loves it!

If anyone is interested in exactly how I lined up the two hoopings, contact me.
 It is easy to do with our Amayas.

Juli in Kona