[amayausers] Backing up files

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 17:56:56 -0400

I was never a fan of backing up files on CD-ROM and leaving them around in a CD
case if the hard drive crashes. Take Sept. 11 as sad as it was. I bet less than
10% of those companies grabbed their backup tapes before they went running out
of the building. They started businesses back up from nothing. No records of
customers or anything. My point is if a natural disaster occurs, you not only
loose all your files on the computer, you also loose your backup files as well.
The best solution is to backup offsite. One company I know is
http://www.drbackup.net (There are others out there if you google off-site
backup)  Should your shop burn down, you still have your files saved, just go
buy a new computer and machine and you are back up and running. Without your
files, you have to start everything over again.
Join the next generation of Hotmail and you could win the adventure of a
lifetime
http://www.imagine-msn.com/minisites/sweepstakes/mail/register.aspx