[amayausers] Re: Backing up files

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 19:33:15 -0400

I back up on-site simple because I have found that rare time when I
'oops'.....hit the delete button and wiped out something...or 'lost'
it in the wrong file never to emerge again....
in the case of a 'disaster'....I seriously doubt we would
restart...made the mistake of doing that once after a robbery that
cleaned out my jewelry business...if I had just taken the insurance
money then and there I could have gone on to probably getting a
'real' job and be almost set for retirement now!
Off site backup....I guess it would work for larger businesses....but
for us normal 'mom and pop' operations we need to be more concerned
with 'immediate' problems-hard drive corruption, power surges, wrong
file deletions....the simple stuff that ulcers are made of.
Roland