[amayausers] Re: Backing up files

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 00:38:03 -0400

Sometimes, when my blackberry emails the list, things get very very messed up -
sigh ;)

What I was saying is that off site back up is relatively simple.  Just copy
your important files to a DVD Rom (drives are now about $59 and discs about a
buck a piece and fit almost 5 gigabytes of data on them), then walk out to your
car, and put the backup disk in the glove compartment, under the seat,
whatever.  Do monthly.

No high priced service necessary ;)

That way, if something happens to your house or business, you will have your
files.

It's far more likely each and every one of you will at some point have to face
a computer failure - most likely a hard disc crash - and if you aren't
prepared, it can be quite a nightmare realizing years of work are gone.  It's
not a matter of IF a hard drive will fail, it's a matter of WHEN.

- - - - - - - -
John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

I: www.levelbest.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779
F: 501-631-4544

active website design . web hosting . content driven websites

From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Mon, 1 May 2006 20:19:21 -0700

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.levelbest.com