[amayausers.com] Re: Adding Mighty Hoop to hoop list

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 05:35:38 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1385/2.html#000017

Hi Greenwing,

Hoopmaster did a slight redesign of the 5.5 x 5.5 Mighty Hoop.  Things that
don't affect how they work are:  (1) they are injection molded rather than
ecthed/cut from plastic, (2) cosmetic changes such as the metal warning piece
on the hoop and the bottom magnetic ring are recessed flat (with color
markings) into the hoop and ring, rather than attached on top of the hoop and
ring and (3) the Mighty Hoop logo and "Strong Magnets" Warning is molded into
the hoop alongside the metal brackets.

A change that Hoopmaster claims may be an improvement to secure lightweight
fabric better is the bottom ridge of the hoop that makes contact with the
fabric was widened from 2mm to 4mm.  However, I didn't have any problem with
the old hoop securing silk dupioni or velvet.  The magnets are as strong as
they were with the old hoop.  So I wouldn't worry that your old hoop isn't as
good as the new hoop.  I didn't find any noticeable differences in performance
or how they are used between the old and new 5.5" x 5.5" Mighty Hoops.
Hoopmaster claims that the injection molded process allows them to manufacture
these hoops more efficiently.

Still since I first got my Mighty Hoops almost a year ago (I have ten now in
assorted sizes), I have yet to use a conventional or Slimline hoop.  I may pack
those away indefinitely!

Cheers,
Ed "Kanga" Roux