[amayausers.com] Re: Adding Mighty Hoop to hoop list

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 04:43:31 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1385/2.html#000020

As some of you may remember, last September I asked the HoopMaster Santa Claus
for a hoop larger than the 11 x 13 Mighty Hoop
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1320.html#000008,
 and he listened and asked HoopMaster to contact me.  So last November I helped
them design the brackets so their new 13" x 16" Mighty Hoop could be used on
the Amaya.  I had the very first 13" x 16" Mighty Hoop for the Amaya before
Thanksgiving.  It is a very beautiful hoop, and works just as well as the other
sizes.  I liked it so much I now I have two.  The 13" x 16" has a generous
maximum sew field shape of 11.8" x 14.8".

I just got permission from HoopMaster to let you guys know that it is now
available.  However, in order to use it on the Amaya, YOU MUST ALSO HAVE the
Amaya Tubular Sash Right and Left Brackets (Melco Part Number 32842
http://www.shopmelco.com/product_p/32842.htm and Part Number 32843
http://www.shopmelco.com/product_p/32843.htm, respectively).  This is because
the wider 16" width of this hoop will not fit your Amaya with the standard hoop
brackets.  If you already have and are using the Melco 20.7" x 16.8 (53 cm x 43
cm) Tubular Sash Hoop Part #30998, then you probably have the Amaya Tubular
Sash Right and Left Brackets.

AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THESE TUBULAR SASH RIGHT AND LEFT BRACKETS, YOU WILL
NEED TO GET THEM FIRST FROM MELCO BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO USE THE NEW 13" X 16"
MIGHTY HOOP.

If you contact HoopMaster to acquire one (or more) of these wonderful hoops,
also ask for a copy the HoopMaster Mighty Hoop Setup in Melco AMAYA OS guide
that I prepared for them for their customers which has the detailed
instructions on how to add custom hoop configurations for the 4.25 x 4.25, 5.5
x 5.5, 10 x 101, 11 x 13 and 13 x 16 Mighty Hoops into the AMAYA OS.  Thanks to
Jerome in Minnesota (Greenwing), you can also copy the Hoops.mdb to use these
hoop configurations in Design Shop as well.

However, below are the custom setup coordinates for the 13 x 16 Mighty Hoops.
Please note that you will need to add X and Y Hoop offsets as noted:

13 x 16 Mighty Hoop, Max Sewing Field 11.8 x 14.8
X HOOP OFFSET 0.06 in Y HOOP OFFSET -2 in:
Point / X, Y
01 / 0, -1792
02 / 1761, -1792
03 / 1888, -1777