[adtools] Re: Need help with adding support for AmigaOS 3.x

  • From: Gunther Nikl <gni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:45:53 +0100

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:55:40PM +0100, Josef Wegner wrote:
> >   What exactly do you expect from using a "bleeding edge" version?
>
> Until you told me I thought gcc 4.x would be ... bigger, better. You
> know, the foolish thought that everything that is new and shiny has to
> be better than the old one.
>
> I guess I was wrong. Happy now?

  Well, this kind of reaction is counter-productive... All it does is that
  it proves me that diffs for current GCC version would be a waste of time.

> So the only reason that is left would be that I could reduce the number
> of installed gcc versions on my linux box from three to two.

  I don't know what you are counting. GCC wersions for different OS don't
  have to match.

> >   You have to be patient since there is no release date.
>
> To say it with a German AOL commercial:
> Hey, I am young. I can wait.

  I am glad to hear that.

  Gunther

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value
 - Jamie Zawinski