[adtools] Re: Need help with adding support for AmigaOS 3.x

  • From: "Nicolas A. Mendoza" <mendoza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:10:02 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Josef Wegner wrote:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:14:44PM +0100, Josef Wegner wrote:
  *IMHO* *currently* GCC4 doesn't offer any benefit for m68k systems.
  Use 3.3.x or 3.4.x.
Okay... I do not want to argue. The only thing is that I cannot stand
waiting and also want to be on the bleeding edge...

What exactly do you expect from using a "bleeding edge" version?

Until you told me I thought gcc 4.x would be ... bigger, better. You know, the foolish thought that everything that is new and shiny has to be better than the old one.

I guess I was wrong. Happy now?

So the only reason that is left would be that I could reduce the number
of installed gcc versions on my linux box from three to two.

It's not that bad, but it's basically a fresh start and reimplementation of things allowing for better optimization in different aspects.

3.x works just fint too though ;)

--
Nicolas Mendoza
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools